Hi, I’m Cara, I’m guessing you’re on this page because you’d like to learn a little bit about me. To start, I’m from Kentucky, and that is near and dear to my heart. I am a runner, climber, hiker, musician, friend, sister, god-mother, daughter, and probably a lot of other stuff I just can’t remember right now. I’m brand new to blogging, and I’m pretty new to this whole taking good care of myself concept. So hopefully you will learn something in the process of me learning!
- I swam competitively for 8 years. I ended up leaving it for my true love, soccer.
- I love to cook! One of my favorite things about cooking is the ability to create your own twists on things, or just put some things together and see how it turns out.
- I was a nature instructor at a camp (see above photo). It was the best summer of my life, and my dream job. I spent 12 summers at that camp, 8 as a camper, 3 as a counselor, and 1 as a staff member.
- I can play 8 musical instruments (and I’m learning a 9th!) Flute, Piano, Clarinet, Guitar, Baritone Saxophone, Tenor Saxophone, Violin, and Alto Saxophone in that order. Cello is in progress!
- I have a permanent back injury. Don’t attempt to do back flips when you don’t know how to do back flips.
- I’m about 10 months away from graduating with a degree in Environmental Engineering. I’m pursuing my bachelors right now, and I think I’m going to go straight into the field.
- Follow me on Strava! Keep me honest. https://www.strava.com/athletes/39429767